We ask that you join Friends in supporting Gumbo Limbo Nature Center through Friends of Gumbo Limbo, a 501(c)3 not for profit organization, which provides the center with financial support! Friends of Gumbo Limbo also provides additional staff support, organizes special events, and advises the Center in its development.
Through individual donations, our Membership Program, Adopt a Sea Turtle, the Pave the Way campaign, event sponsorships, grants, foundation gifts, annual campaigns, special fundraising events, and honorariums & memorials, Friends of Gumbo Limbo raises funds to help progress the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center's Mission.
Some of our upcoming events! Click to head to the website.
Here are a few examples of how Friends of Gumbo Limbo supports the Center:
- Funded exhibits to "Fill the Tanks" in the four salt-water tanks in the two pavilions that opened in June 2012
- Funded the current satellite tagging project to monitor behavior of post-Rehabilitation sea turtles after being re-released into the ocean.
- Provides vital funding of the Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Facility.
- Contracts with veterinarians for animal care.
- Underwrites the Annual Sea Turtle Day Festival held in March (schedule permitting) to kick off the upcoming sea turtle season.
- Underwrites the Gumbo Limbo website.
- Helps fund new programs for the public to enjoy!
- Raised emergency funds for the 2009/2010 cold snap which affected more than 5000 endangered green sea turtles
- Provided GPS tracking equipment for sea turtle research with the release of FeeBee, Milton, and Neptune, and more.
- Secured $50,000 donation for the installation of solar panels to supplement energy costs.
- Purchased new stereoscopes for our public school programs
- Financially backed the construction of the Chiki hut and teaching platform
- Has provided over $100,000 in scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students throughout Florida to achieve their goals in higher education and research that correlates with our Mission.
If you use Amazon, make sure you use the link below to passively donate a portion of your purchase to Friends of Gumbo Limbo, so we can continue supporting important educational, research, and conservation initiatives.
For information about sponsorship, creating an honorarium or memorial, or to make a bequest, please contact our Development Office at 561-544-8608.
Gumbo Limbo Nature Center, Inc. d/b/a/Friends of Gumbo Limbo is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit, tax exempt organization. A copy of the official registration CH18061 and financial information may be obtained from the Florida Division of Consumer Services by calling 1-800-435-7352 from within Florida. Our Federal Tax ID number is 59-2015726. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation.