We ask that you join our efforts to practice coastal stewardship and our critical work with sea turtles through Gumbo Limbo Coastal Stewards, LLC., a 501(c)3 not for profit organization, which funds the rescue, rehabilitation, research and release of sea turtles and the nature center with financial support! Gumbo Limbo Coastal Stewards provides additional staff support, organizes educational programming and special events to improve our marine and coastal environment.
Some of our upcoming events! Click to head to the website.
Here are a few examples of Coastal Stewardship In Action:
- Contributing more than $100K to kick of the City's Sea Water Pipes and Pumping Project that will address critical issue with the sea water supply to the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center.
- Contracts with veterinarians, veterinary technicians and Rehab interns for the critical medical care of the sea turtles in our care.
- Funded exhibits to "Fill the Tanks" at the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center in the four salt-water tanks in the two pavilions that opened in June 2012
- Funded the current satellite tagging project to monitor behavior of post-Rehabilitation sea turtles after being re-released into the ocean.
- Raise emergency funds for victims of cold snaps up and down the coast which have affected thousands of turtle patients since 2010.
- Provided GPS tracking equipment for sea turtle research with the release of FeeBee, Milton, and Neptune, and more.
- Financially backed the construction of the Chiki hut teaching platform at the Nature Center.
If you use Amazon, make sure you use the link below to passively donate a portion of your purchase to Friends of Gumbo Limbo, so we can continue supporting important educational, research, and conservation initiatives.
For information about sponsorship, creating an honorarium or memorial, or to make a bequest, please contact our Development Office at 561-544-8608.
Gumbo Limbo Coastal Stewards, Inc. d/b/a/Friends of Gumbo Limbo is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit, tax exempt organization. A copy of the official registration CH18061 and financial information may be obtained from the Florida Division of Consumer Services by calling 1-800-435-7352 from within Florida. Our Federal Tax ID number is 59-2015726. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation.